Thursday, January 20, 2011

Yay for new friends!


Today we spent time with our new friends, Agnes and Geoffrey. It was great to talk with them and see what life is like in an Indian home.

While we were there, Siena fell onto their marble floor and ended up with a bloody nose. Thankfully, it wasn't serious. I took her to see the pediatrician. He told me to give her acetimenophen for the next 3 days for pain. Agnes made delicious chicken, lady fingers (a vegetable I had never seen before), jeera rice (which has a great flavor with all the cumin seeds), hot chappatis, raita, and by far the best chai I have had so far in India. I baked some cookies. She said I will have to teach her to bake and she will teach me how to make Indian food. Sounds like a great trade off to me! It was refreshing to spend time with this Indian family. I am so thankful to have met them and I'm happy they live close by, only 9 minutes from our flat.


No comments:

Post a Comment