Friday, February 11, 2011

Amoebic Dysentery

After not fully recovering from my last bout of sickness, I had a recurrence of symptoms: diarrhea, fever, and the nausea, which never completely subsided. Today I was diagnosed with amoebic dysentery. I have started antibiotic treatment, but I am informed that the medicines which I am taking pass into the breastmilk at a level that will be unsafe for our 9 month old. I will have to stop nursing her on Sunday and discontinue breastfeeding for at least 11 days. After the 11 days more tests will need to be done to determine whether or not I will need a second round of drugs. I must admit I am very thankful for our doctors who were able to diagnose me fairly quickly, but I am disheartened about not being able to feed my baby girl. I nursed my son until he was 18 months. I guess things could be worse, but this feels like more than I bargained for. Still I know God has a plan in all of this. Now I just need to trust Him.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, been thinking and praying for you, can't imagine what you are going through right now, I love you!

    ReplyDelete